Hello! Hope everyone’s had a great Monday so far, and that your weekend was fun and relaxing! Our’s was filled with (of course) the dog park…
You just really can’t deny this guy what he loves, and what he loves is to arrive at the dog park, wander the perimeter sniffing and eating grass, and ultimately sitting in the shade. It’s a complex life Charlie leads.
We also visited grandma and took care of her dog, Scooter’s, flea problem, which reminds me that I wanted to tell you all how amazing Advantix II is! Charlie and Oliver received a dose on Monday and we went to see grandma and Scooter on Friday (he was swimming in fleas, gross I know) and both boys remained flea free, even after spending the night!!! I highly recommend it if your doggo sees other dogs or goes to the dog park. I’m definitely not a vet though, so ask yours if it’s right for your dog. Hopefully Scooter is better fast!
While we were at grandma’s I tried out a new to me product, Kodiak Cakes.
I see the hungry runner girl post about this mix a lot so I really wanted to try them! Let me tell you they were delicious. I didn’t snap any photos of the pancakes, but I did decide I wanted to create a recipe with them.
So I made ‘Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Banana Muffins.’ They were super easy to make, and turned out delicious!
Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Banana Muffins
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Flapjack & Waffle mix
- 1 cup organic soy milk (or other milk alternative)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg*
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance unsalted butter
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice mix
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips**
*If you are egg sensitive or vegan you could substitute flax
**For a vegan option use dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Fill greased or lined muffin pan with the batter (I usually try to grease, you know save the whales and all, but this time I was out of my nonstick spray).
- Cook for 10-12 minutes (check at 10 minutes with a tooth pick).
per muffin (based on a yield of 17 muffins)
- calories: 153
- fat: 6g
- carbohydrates: 26g
- fiber: 3g
- protein: 3g