And I feel that everything’s different!!!
Flashback to that time when my husband ran 6 miles with Ben Gibbard and then got this for me because he knows my love runs deep and I was extremely close to pushing our child out my vag:
This post is brought to you by nap time. It wasn’t easy to get to and always requires at least 5-10 minutes of screaming; however, I know she feels so much better after it’s happened and I suspect it will get better. Although, I’ve never been a great napper so, maybe not. My best friend always says, “Hope for the best, but expect the worst” and I find that to be such a good way to live because then you are pleasantly surprised when it all goes well.
2017 was a bomb ass year! Here’s my list of things that really rocked my world:
- Amazing baby moon on Lummi island
- So much standing for equality
- Walk/running Bloomsday at 34 weeks pregnant
- Amazing baby shower
- Saying hello to our little wonder, Mirabella on 6/16/17
- Watching Mira grow and experience all of her firsts
It’s been a whirl wind of a year.
I’m looking forward to everything that 2018 has to send my way because I know that with the wonders we learn what joy is and with the hardships we learn what appreciation is.
I’ve been thinking a lot about how I can make the most out of next year, and one of the ways I have been thinking about doing that is setting my intentions in all aspects of my life. I figured the blog was the best space to share those goals and hold myself accountable. So here goes, I’m going to share something I would like to do and something I would like to continue with…
- Create a home work space that is conducive to productivity and creative thoughts.
- Continue coming to sessions prepared, valuing organic learning opportunities, but keeping structure in appointments.
- Journal and/or meditate daily 5-10 minutes, either before bed or first thing in the morning
- Continue reading every night before bed.
- Complete a half marathon, my first group run is tomorrow!!
- Continue getting in 2 strength training sessions a week and 2-3 super sweaty cardio sessions.
- Set aside 30 minutes a day to talk to Mira in Spanish, between 6-8 months is when babies brains are really becoming hard wired to a certain language (nows my chance to impact that)
- Continue to unplug when I am with my family.
- Take Gottman’s bringing home baby class. While I feel like Dave and I are getting the hang of it, I also feel that a relationship that isn’t constantly looking for ways to improve is often leaving someone’s feelings behind, so I’m always looking for ways to make our love better.
- Continue to put keeping myself healthy first, then my relationship with Dave second, and finally our family. As my cousin likes to say “put your air mask on first, because you ain’t shit to no one if you don’t” – OK, I remixed that last part Em, but it was something like that right?
- Move back towards a plant based diet. While I was pregnant with Mira I craved meat (like Phoebe from friends style) and I decided to go for it. But I feel I am ready to move back to my pescatarian diet.
- Continue intermittent fasting. My mind feels more clear, I sleep better, and (TMI…) my GI tract feels so much better when I give it a 16 hour break from digestion.
- Blog MORE!!! Also, get back to why I started my blog as an accountability for healthy living. That means more WIAW, fitness, fashion, recap, and Friday favorite posts.
- Continue with my Mira updates, they are so fun and I really think she’ll love looking back on them.
So those are my 2018 intentions. I’m so looking forward to an amazing year with my family and friends. Thank you all for the impact you continue to have in my life.
Leave a Reply