Can you believe it??????????????
Oh and just so you know, this is what happened minutes later….
My sad lil’ bunny!
I am happy to report that more often than not Mira is lovin’ life (I know, I know, I mentioned this in the last update….but guys…..she HATED those first 4.5 months of life, that’s so much better and I still feel like I need to shout it from the roof tops).
Here are a few of her other favorite things:
- People – she’s stares and stares, and then smiles.
- Imitating coughs – if you cough she’ll imitate you, or she coughs trying to get you to imitate her.
- Crawling – it started a couple weeks ago and she is fast!
- Balls – throwing (or attempting), watching you throw, slapping, etc.
- Eating – still an all time FAV, that’s my girl!
- Puppy – she loves watching Oliver play, trying to throw his toy, having him lick her hands.
- Other babies – and kissing them
She also kisses herself in the mirror, she’s just one for giving kisses.
Here are some of her firsts over the last two months:
- Swim lessons – though they fell right on nap time, so we have more consistent ones starting in August, all I really care about is that she can FLOAT!
- Trip to Whidbey Island
- Too many new foods to write
Our little bean laughs so much these days! She thinks her nonna and papa are extremely hilarious!
My favorite part about our little bean right now is that she’s so social. The other day I was doing a workout and she was doing it right along side me in her jumper. Later that day we were playing with blocks and taking turns throwing them into a box together, it was magical!
So I’m gonna tell you something, she is crawling all over the place, AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s the kind of energy I don’t mind expending! It’s the best! Everyone kept saying to watch out, it will be tiring! Maybe it will be, but currently all I have to say is that: NOTHING COMPARES TO AN INFANT THAT WON’T STOP SCREAMING FOR 4.5 MONTHS! And here’s the thing guys, I will continue to say that until I am proven wrong. Sorry. You just. need. to. know.
As far as words go she is demonstrating emergent use of the sign “all done,” though it still needs prompting. She is consistent with ‘more’ for food, actions, and toys! We have heard ‘dada’ but also ‘papa’ so we don’t have any spoken words yet, but she is babbling a storm and I can’t even wait to hear her little voice!!
This girl is killing me guys with her cuteness, at night she has started nuzzling her head into my chest (it’s her first semblance of a snuggle…she’s never really been a cuddler) and it melts my heart. I sing extra goodnight songs so I can get extra nuzzles.
Okay, I think I’ve filled this post with enough Mira cuteness (what? never!) Okay, okay, one more before I go.
Okay, that one was mostly because I think Dave looks handsome in it ❤ #swoon